Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Blog #7

 Finding New Technology

Blog #7

During our recent EOTO presentations I learned about a lot of different technologies and apps. While my part of the presentation was focused on the app TikTok, I got to sit and hear more about a topic I normally would disregard, video games. Video games have become a rather large part of society and social media. Platforms such as Twitch have been a big part in bringing gamers together. 

Twitch is a streaming app used to share game play and tricks. The interactive live-streaming service is used by many video game connoisseurs to commentate and play while viewer can watch, comment, interact, and keep up to date on the most current games and apps. 

Twitch was one of the apps that grew immensely during the world wide pandemic of 2020. With people locked up at home, many resorted to video games and live streaming. People could have human interaction, doing the things they loved and had in common, while still social distancing. 


Video games have been around my whole life, which isn't that long looking at the bigger picture. However, in the short time that they have been available, video games shave probably had the most growth out of any technology, in my opinion. We started out with small consoles that had lots of wires, not a lot of games, and typically broke in a span of months. Nowadays, we see all different versions of consoles. Take the PlayStation, since the first released console in 1994, there have been five new ones, and over 400 possible games to be played. 

Video games are a great way to improve hand-eye coordination, connect with others, and release stress. The world of gaming is growing daily with apps like Twitch, events such as Summer Game Fest, and new releases of video games almost daily. While it may not be new to others, video games and the gaming world is new to me and I am intrigued to learn more about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog- Our Relationship with Technology

 Our Relationship With Technology  Final Blog Post      When I google myself,I find pictures from highschool volleyball, the occasional thro...